Music Monday: Keep Reaching Out Your Hand (A Nesta + Cassian Playlist)



Happy Monday, and you know what that means?? It's Music Monday! So I finished A Court of Silver Flames not too long ago... and just, wow. SJM has really crossed the border of Young Adult to ADULT. (If you've read it, you know.)

I'm still cooking up a condensed review, but for Music Monday, I thought I'd compile a little Nessian playlist for your auditory enjoyment. 

Artwork created by Charlie Bowater.

A playlist dedicated to Nesta + Cassian, from A Court of Silver Flames. Listen in playlist mode here!

 

1. smoke - pvris
This isn't violence, this is just a war in my head / I give it time, but it never seems to end / I feel a fire in the back of my throat / So let's get covered in flames / And play some games with the smoke ... You're just a ghost of blissful feelings / A cloud of smoke that I keep breathing / An illusion, I'm losing you to the games in my mind

2. starving to be empty - dayseeker
I've been noticing my clothes fit a little bit looser / Worried is an understatement / When you don't have a future / Schizophrenic borderline, hear it in my sleep / Dying is a victory if it will bring me peace / Stuck with no regard / 'Cause I can go a little bit longer

3. gasoline - haim
I get sad, you know I get sad / And I can't look past what I'm sad about / You did me bad / And I did it back / You needed ass, well / What's wrong with that? / Gasoline, pretty please / I want to get off / But you're such a tease ... We're watching the sunrise from the kitchen counter / When you lie in between my legs, it doesn't matter / You say you wanna go slower but I wanna go faster / Faster and faster

4. eyes open - taylor swift
But now we've stepped into a cruel world / Where everybody stands and keeps score / Keep your eyes open / Everybody's waiting for you to break down / Everybody's watching to see the fallout / Even when you're sleeping, sleeping / Keeps you eyes open / So here you are, two steps ahead and staying on guard / Every lesson forms a new scar / They never thought you'd make it this far / But turn around, oh, they've surrounded you / It's a showdown / And nobody comes to save you now

5. her eyes - fame on fire
No, I can't take this anymore / I know I'm the problem / I keep on coming back for more / 'Cause you are a goddess / But I'm so messed up / (I can feel it, I can feel it in my bones) / I just want your touch / (I don't wanna, I don't wanna be alone) / I can see the devil in her eyes / I think I'ma stay for the night / Hope she doesn't take over my mind / Will I even make it out alive?

6. anywhere away from here - rag'n'bone man + p!nk
Wild and running / Fearlessness is burning bright / We knew nothing / 'Cause out of sight is out of mind / Before we ever learnt the fear of being bold / Before we ever were afraid of the unknown / When the lights go up / I don't think I told you / That I feel out of place / Pull me underground / Don't know if you notice / Sommetimes I close my eyes / And dream of somewhere else / Anywhere away from here

7. one more time - i prevail
I know you're chasing tomorrow / But don't give up on today / If you keep making excuses / You'll always stand in your way / When all we have is a moment, with so much left to say ... 'Cuz all my life I've tried to hide behind the fear inside / And I can't remember why / Sometimes you gotta go down swinging / Get up, get up, feel the kick drum beating / One more time / One more time, tonight / Sometimes you gotta fight that feeling / Get up, get up, feel your heart still beating / One more time / One more time, tonight

8. forever - chvrches
Savor the taste, savor the pain / I don't expect you to release me / Jumpin' the gun, holdin' my tongue / I never ask you to forgive me ... Playin' the part, playin' the game / I don't expect you to believe me / Missin' the mark, we tear it apart / I never ask you why you need me / And you will never see my side / And I will always think I'm right / But, I always regret the night / I told you I would hate you til forever / Forever, forever, forever

9. outnumbered - dermot kennedy
I could have showed you all the scars at the start / But that was always the most difficult part / See, I'm in love with how your soul's a mix of chaos and art / And how you never try to keep 'em apart / I wrote some words and then I stared at my feet / Became a coward when I needed to speak / I guess love took on a different kind of meaning for me / So when I go, just know it kills me to leave / To all the stars that light the road / Don't ever leave that girl so cold/ Never let me down, just lead me home / Don't tell me this is all for nothing / I can only tell you one thing / On the nights you feel outnumbered / Baby, I'll be out there somewhere / I see everything you can be / I see the beauty that you can't see / On the nights you feel outnumbered / Baby, I'll be out there somewhere

10. align - nina nesbitt
Comin' up to breathe, 'cause I've been a long way down / 'Cause when we both leave, these words I can't find / And you're stuck in the storm outside / Feels like you've gone blind, and you can't see life / But it's right before your eyes / The world keeps on turnin' / But we've stopped, both on different sides / Our hearts keep on lovin' / It's only a matter of space and time till we align

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)